PMIMY Evening Talk 16 January 2020 - Managing Projects with Kanban
Managing Projects with Kanban
16 January 2020
- 6.30pm - 7.00pm Registration / Networking / Dinner
- 7.00pm - 9.00pm PMIMY introduction & Evening talk session “Managing projects with Kanban"
2 PDUs. Category : Technical Project Management.
Naveen Kumar Singh, PMP, PMI-ACP, SPC, PST, CSP-SM, CSP-PO
I am an agile consultant working in Malaysia and love talking about agile transformation over cup of coffee. I work on contract to build better product and processes by adopting agility within team and organization.
I teach agile way of working, agile software development using scrum, Kanban, LeSS, SAFe, DevOps etc.
I enjoy working with non-IT people like marketing, sales, HR, operation, compliance, risk and all other department to improve agility, simplify processes and better customer satisfaction.
- Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), Scaled Scrum Professional (SPS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM-III), Professional Scrum Master (PSM-II), Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO-I), Professional Scrum Developer (PSD-I), Professional Scrum Master (PSM –I) from Scrum.org
- Certified LeSS (Large-Scale Scrum) Practitioner and LeSS Friendly Scrum Trainer from LeSS company
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Developer (CSD), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) from Scrum Alliance
- PMI – Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI –ACP), Project Management Professional (PMP) from PMI
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from RABQSA
- SAFe Program Consultant (SPC 4.0) from Scaled Agile
- ICAgile Certified Trainer for Agile Coaching (ICP-ACC), DevOps (ICP-TST) and Agile Testing (ICP-TST)
Kanban project management is one of the emerging PM methodologies, and the Kanban approach is suitable for companies of any size. In this workshop, you will learn how to manage project effectively by break down work quickly, track progress, get status reports, and achieve project
Kanban project management will help to visualize your work to acquire a better understanding of your workflow. By doing so it gives ability to organize and manage work more efficiently. It also allows teams to keep track of every project and task with ease.
Project managers use Kanban boards to simplify project management. Kanban boards help address a number key issues that can cause professional project managers nightmares, the most important of these being:
- Improve throughput
- Minimize cycle time
- Manage flow of work
- Visualize workflow, whether through a physical board or software.
- Limit work-in-progress to keep teams executing tasks quickly.
- Manage and improve workflow by observing work and resolving bottlenecks.
- Be explicit with process policies: define and share them.
- Have feedback loops, such as review stages, to deliver the end-product to the customer as quickly as possible.
- Be collaborative and experimental to always push for improvement.
Project Managers, Project Planners, Schedulers, Project Team Members
It is no longer possible to register for this event