PMIMY Online Talk: How to Improve Your Project Leadership in a Virtual Environment
How to Improve Your Project Leadership in a Virtual Environment
8th August 2020 (Saturday), 1000-1100h
1 PDU. Category : Technical Project Management
* Limited to 100 members
Ganesan Thambipillay, PMP®, SMC tm
Ganesan is an Information Technology Senior Professional with 31 years of IT service industry experience including 18 years of regional Senior Managerial experience entailing Program/Project Management and Business IT Management. He has accumulated this experience with diversified Global MNC’s across the Aviation, Supply Chain-Logistics, Financial Services and Telecommunications Industries.
He holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science from the University of Central Florida, is a certified practitioner of the Project Management Institute (PMP®) and a Certified Scrum Master (SMCtm). He was also a 2-term Board Member of Project Management Institute (Malaysia Chapter).
How to Improve Your Project Leadership in a Virtual Environment.
- Many of us were brought up leading teams that were right in front of us, that shared the same office space, or that we got to spend some time together face to face.
- Those days are now a dim and distant memory, and for many companies virtual working is going to be the new normal.
- Leading in a virtual environment is different, and different skills are more important than they were previously.
- In this talk (not presentation), I will share the tips and strategies I learned whilst successfully leading a large complex multi-million dollar Cyber-Security Enhancement project in a 100% virtual environment.
- This required me to adapt my approach to ensure that the teams remained Focused, Accountable, empowered and engaged.
- FACT Framework – Focus, Accountability, Simplicity, Transparency.
- Your Scenario sharing will be critical to utilising the specific tips and strategies.
Project Managers, Project Planners, Schedulers, Project Team Members
It is no longer possible to register for this event