- This event has passed.
PMI Malaysia Beach Clean Up Event
September 24 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am SMT
Greetings PMI Malaysia Chapter members,
The International Coastal Clean-up Day (ICC) is a nationwide event that happens every year in September. This annual volunteer effort was started by Ocean Conservancy in 1986 and has continued until today. Reef Check Malaysia (RCM) started coordinating ICC in Malaysia in 2018 and received positive responses from volunteers each year.
This year, PMIMY is proud to join hands with RCM and conduct a clean-up at Pantai Cermin, Port Dickson. We can’t wait to see you there! Get ready for an engaging and uplifting time together.
Why we are doing this?
- Raise awareness on the severity of marine debris.
- Contribute towards reliable statistics to lobby for a change in our recycling and waste management systems.
- Be a part of the change you wish to see in the world by volunteering with us. We’re making a big impact, and you can too!
- Meet like-minded members and friends, exchange ideas while giving mother nature a helping hand.
- Let’s make our coastline beautiful together!
Date: 24-September-2023 (Sunday)
Time: 8.30 AM till 11.30 AM
Venue: Pantai Cermin, Port Dickson
- 8.30am – 8.45am: Arrival and registration of participants
- 8.45am – 9.00am: Group allocation and briefing of participants.
- 9.00am – 9.45am: Beach clean-up
- 9.45am – 10.15am: Weighing of trash collected at starting point
- 10.15am-11.15am : Games, Refreshments
- 11.15-11.30 : Closing, adjournments
Price: FOC for both Members and Non-Members.”PMIMY members can bring one guest above the age of 13 years old”
- All participants are subject to the event T&Cs available here for your ref.
- Participants shall make their own transport arrangements to go and return from the event location at Pantai Cermin, Port Dickson.