Webinar: The Battle Begins: If Waterfall is flowing why worry about being Agile?
December 14 @ 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm SMT
In the realm of software development, the methodologies employed can significantly influence the outcome of a project. For years, the Waterfall model stood as the gold standard with its structured, phase-by-phase approach. However, the rise of Agile methodologies, emphasizing adaptability and iterative feedback, has stirred a debate in the industry. This panel session brings together experts from both camps to discuss, debate, and dissect the merits and challenges of each methodology in today’s fast-paced development landscape.
Key Discussion Points:
- Historical context: Tracing the origins and evolution of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Core tenets under scrutiny: Breaking down the fundamental principles of each approach.
- On the ground: Real-world experiences and case studies from panelists.
- The great divide: Factors that sway teams to choose one methodology over the other.
- Looking ahead: Predictions on the future interplay of Waterfall and Agile in the industry.
- Understand the Core: Grasp the fundamental principles and differences between Waterfall and Agile.
- Expert Insights: Gain firsthand perspectives from industry leaders on the practical applications and challenges of each methodology.
- Future Preparedness: Acquire a sense of the potential shifts and trends in software development methodologies.
About the speakers
1) Herley Abdul Hamid Herley is currently a Global Product Owner at bp with extensive hands-on experience coaching business leaders navigating changes in industries especially in the large energy sector. He is also an author and keynote speaker who turns personal adversity into advocacy through unconventional personal life and business stories. He has over 25 years of hands-on global project and transformation experience in world’s largest energy companies including Shell, ExxonMobil and currently bp. Herley is passionate about energy transition and the huge business transformation that it entails for people and the planet. As a transformational leader and an engaging communicator, Herley inspires people to live beyond Agile mindset that are meaning-focused. He works with leaders to co-create purposes, disrupt value-mindset, and leverage technology and AI to steer the VUCA world. As he navigates his own challenging life, he shares his personal life stories at international conferences, corporates, and universities. Outside of work, Herley is the Ambassador of the largest NGO for children with Cerebral Palsy in Malaysia.
2) Siva R.Suppiah Siva, currently a VP in Strategy Transformation in a major bank, has over 25 years of experience in Information Technology, excelling in Digital Strategy, Enterprise Coaching, Agile Project/Program Delivery, and more across diverse sectors. He holds an MBA in digital transformation, a BSc in Computer Science, and several certifications. As a committed leader, he is adept at driving digitalization, fostering high-performance growth, and consistently achieving targets. Siva’s specialties lie in leadership, entrepreneurship, and technical skills, making him capable of motivating and mentoring teams, building trusted advisor relationships, and delivering business solutions in fields such as Banking , Oil/Gas, Telecommunication, and Government, including IOT projects, ERP, and Big Data applications.
3) Preeta Nair
Preeta Nair, currently serving as the Vice President and Director of Communications of the Project Management Institute (PMI) in Malaysia, She also holds the position of Director of Programmes at MHNexus. Her professional journey began as a Project Engineer, Project Manager and Production Manager with industry leaders Philip Morris and Mondelez. This was followed by significant roles at Weir Minerals and a tenure as the Senior Project Manager at UEM Edgenta.
Academically, Preeta boasts a Bachelor’s in Industrial Chemistry and a Master’s in Engineering Management from UPM. She is now furthering her education with a Master’s in Information Technology at INTI University. Beyond formal education, Preeta is certified in areas like Project Management (PMP), Lean Six Sigma, AI in Business, and Scrum, to name a few.
Date: 14 Dec 2023 (Thursday)
Time:9.00 PM – 10.00 PM
PDUs: 1 PDU
Member= FOC (Note: Members Must log in to get the assigned discount!)